Opened in 1950, our sanctuary has a traditional look, with heavy ceiling beams, a center aisle, and stained glass windows that tell the story of Jesus from Nativity to Resurrection. The large three part window in the rear of the balcony features Jesus with Paul and Peter on either side. The interior window in the front of the chancel area is Jesus with two women.
The chancel area features woodwork surrounding the exposed pipes of the Rodgers pipe/electronic organ and behind the choir loft. The Altar table and other chancel furnishings are traditional in look, but recent renovations have given the space more flexibility in use for dynamic worship, drama, weddings, and music performance. In addition to the organ there is a grand piano.
Located directly beneath the Sanctuary and behind the Youth Room, the Bride’s Room has mirrors and extra electrical outlets, comfortable chairs and space for the Bride and attendants to prepare for the wedding, wait and relax.
Built in 1958, eight years after our sanctuary, this wing initially supported the Raleigh Wesley Foundation campus ministry, as well as numerous Sunday School rooms. It continues to do that and provides space for Fairmont Early Learning Center, with the ground floor Fellowship Hall and Youth Room being very heavily used as well.
Our first building on this site (1945), it was originally called The Fellowship Center, and was the base for gatherings and fund-raising as the church moved toward building a sanctuary. Now affectionately known as The Hut, it is used by students of the Raleigh Wesley Foundation.
The Fellowship Hall sees weekly post-worship luncheons, receptions, music rehearsals, meetings of a variety of community groups, and events of all kinds.
Another one of our flexible spaces, the Youth Room has a renovated stage and next to it, a small kitchen. The space is used for meetings and a wide variety of other events.