Stitches by Anne Lamott
Summary: There is not a person alive who hasn’t questioned what life means or what their purpose is on the planet. When our lives are off-balance, it is difficult to see any meaning at all in this crazy world. The stitches that hold all our experiences together are the communities we find solace in. The answer, if there is one, to the eternal question of life’s true meaning surely lies in togetherness and love.
Zoom study • Monday, March 1 through March 29th starting at Noon
Fairmont UMC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Click here to join zoom meeting
Meeting ID: 826 1261 1966
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,82612611966# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,82612611966# US (Chicago)
- It’s easy to find meaning in life when everything is going well, but it can be tricky when the going gets tough.
- Life is a hodgepodge of good and bad experiences, and the latter have a lot to teach us.
- Societal pressures often discourage sensitivity, causing people to downplay difficult and painful experiences.
- Being together with others is a profound experience that gives us a sense of meaning.
- (March 1st) Beginning
- (March 8th) The Overly Sensitive Child
- (March 15th) Stitches
- (March 22nd) Mount Vision
- (March 29th) Remnants