Opened in 1950, our sanctuary has a “traditional” look, with heavy ceiling beams, seating over 350. Eight side stained glass windows tell the story of Jesus from Nativity to Resurrection, with a Paul, Jesus, Peter triptych over looking from the balcony, and Jesus with two women seen when facing forward. The Rodgers pipe organ, baby grand piano, and frequently added brass, woodwinds, strings and percussion find an acoustically friendly worship space. We have adjusted space near the altar to better accommodate drama and weddings, and have a dedicated “bride’s room” just downstairs from the narthex.
Built in 1958, eight years after our sanctuary, this wing initially supported the Raleigh Wesley Foundation campus ministry, as well as numerous Sunday School rooms. It continues to do that and provides space for Fairmont Early Learning Center, with the ground floor Fellowship Hall and Youth Room being very heavily used as well.
Our first building on this site (1945), it was originally called The Fellowship Center, and was the base for gatherings and fund-raising as the church moved toward building a sanctuary. Now affectionately known as The Hut, it is used primarily by students of the Raleigh Wesley Foundation, and frequently for church gatherings.
Renovated in 2004, the hall sees weekly post-worship luncheons, receptions, the annual bazaar, music rehearsals, meetings of a variety of community groups, and “fellowship” of all kinds.
One of our more flexible spaces has a renovated stage with a small kitchen, space that is used for a wide variety of events.