Skip to main content
Children & Youth
- The Fairmont Early Learning Center is a year-round enrichment program for preschoolers ages 1-4. Families are encouraged to visit the program, which meets Monday-Thursday mornings. Please view the ELC web site ( http://fairmontelc.com ), and contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org – 919- 835-1577. We’d love to have your preschooler join Fairmont ELC – spaces are available for the current school year.
- Sunday School classes begin at 9:45 am for all ages, with classes for preschool, elementary, middle school and high school youth.
- Children may become acolytes and Bible bearers for morning worship.
- Children’s and Youth choirs meet regularly to prepare for worship leadership.
- Vacation Bible School each summer offers classes for all ages.
- Confirmation is offered from January through Easter for sixth grade and older youth.
- The youth fellowship (UMYF) meets weekly, enjoying a variety of program and mission opportunities.
- Musicals each year include a Christmas play (usually the 3rd Sunday in Advent) and recently, inter-generational spring musicals, including “Showdown at Dry Gulch” (the Elijah story), “Godspell, Jr.,” and spring 2012, “Celebrate Life.”
- Youth participate in summer work teams and have traveled to western and eastern North Carolina, coastal South Carolina, Florida, Jamaica, the Mississippi coast, and Costa Rica, and in 2013 will go to Haiti.
- Children and youth participate in numerous mission initiatives, including the CROPWALK for the Hungry, Stop Hunger Now’s Operation Sharehouse, and the Souper Bowl of Caring.